Russia and the West:
Environmental co-operation and conflict
Routledge, 2003. 184 p. £55.00
In this book, Hønneland assesses current environmental discourses and applies this analysis to look at the relations between Russia and the West with regards to environment problems. It includes three in-depth case studies - on environmental problems, living marine resources, nuclear safety and air pollution.
1. The Study of Environmental Discourse
2. The Environment and Institutions in the European Arctic
3. Discourses on Marine Living Resources
4. Discourses on Nuclear Safety
5. Discourses on Industrial Pollution
is a political scientist and Director of the Polar and Russian Programme at the Fridtjof Nansen Institute, Norway. He has published widely on the management of natural resources and the environment in the European Arctic.