- Arctic geopolitics
- International relations
- Maritime boundaries
- Marine resource management
- Foreign policy decision-making
- PhD International Relations, University of British Columbia (UBC) (2019)
- M.Sc. European Politics, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) (2010)
- Bachelor Political Economy, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) (2009)
- Advisor, High North Center, Nord University, Bodø (part time), (2015-ongoing)
- Senior fellow, The Arctic Institute, Washington DC (part time), (2011-ongoing)
- Program Coordinator and Research Fellow, Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies (IFS), Oslo (2014-2017)
- Advisor, North Norway European Office, Brussels (2010-2014)
- Visiting research fellow, Munk-Gordon Arctic Security Program, Toronto (2013)
- Research intern, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), Washington DC (2011)
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Geopolitics, published online 06.10.2019, 25 p. DOI: 10.1080/14650045.2019.1670643
In I. Bowers and S.L.C. Koh (eds), Grey and White Hulls: An International Analysis of the Navy-Coastguard Nexus. Palgrave Macmillan, 2019, pp. 135-157.
Ocean Development and International Law, published online 23.03.2019, 19 p. DOI: 10.1080/00908320.2019.1582606
Marine Policy, Vol 98, 2018, pp. 58-64.
In The International Ocean Institute-Canada (ed), The Future of Ocean Governance and Capacity Development. Leiden, Brill/Nijhoff, 2018, pp. 162-168.
The Arctic Institute Center for Cirumpolar studies, 7.1.2020.
Georgetown Journal of International Affairs, 05.12.2019
Verdens Gang, 8.12.2019. In Norwegian
Dagsavisen, 28.10.2019. In Norwegian.
- String of new research projects for FNI
- Svalbard, EU and the green transition: New research projects awarded to FNI
- With changing ocean politics, a new role for the Coast Guard
- Resolving conflicts at sea: doctoral thesis breaks new ground
- Windpower, Arctic geopolitics and EU climate policy: FNI at Arendalsuka '19
Riksrettssak og en raknet regjering ('The Trump indictment and a crumbling government')
High North News, 26 January 2020. In Norwegian.
'Forsvarsminister Frank Bakke-Jensen må svare Stortinget etter NRKs nettsak ('Norway's Defense Minister must face the Parliament following NRK story')
NRK, 26 January 2020. In Norwegian.
NRK: американские военные облюбовали остров на пути российских подлодок ('NRK: NRK: US military has chosen an island close to Russian submarines')
Geo-politica, 24 January 2020. In Russian.
Nordområdene sett fra en gammel bygård i Oslo ('The High North as seen from Oslo')
High North News, 24 January 2020. In Norwegian.
Eksperter frykter sterke reaksjoner fra Russland på amerikanske militærfly på Jan Mayen ('Experts fear strong Russian reactions to US military presence on Jan Mayen')
NTB, 24 January 2020. In Norwegian.