- Research Director / Research Professor+47 97690518
The main objective of this project is to examine how domestic laws and international regulations work and interact to solve environmental challenges and promote sustainable innovations in Norwegian aquaculture.
The project will also seek to understand the extent to which and how the different management systems that govern activities in the aquaculture sector affect corporate strategies and drive sustainable innovation and production in the industry.
In addition, it is an aim to understand how the design of Norwegian management systems can deal more effectively with environmental challenges and promote sustainable innovation and production.
Project period: 2015-2018
- Senior Policy Analyst+47 47476508
- Senior Research Fellow+47 92290372
- Research Professor+47 97168296
- Deputy Director / Research Director / Research Professor+47 97540217
- Research Professor+47 47477405
- Senior Research Fellow+47 90123004
- Research Council of Norway (HAVBRUK Programme)
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
In Susan Park and Teresa Kramarz (eds), Global Environmental Governance and the Accountability Trap. Cambridge (USA), MIT Press, 2019, pp. 143-168.
Regulation and Governance, published online 28.08.2018. DOI: 10.1111/rego.12213
Environmental Policy and Governance, Vol 27, No 1, 2017, pp. 45-58
Nordisk Miljörättslig Tidskrift, No 2, 2016, pp. 89-103.
Global Environmental Politics, Vol 16, No 2, 2016, pp. 42-60.
- FNI hits the jackpot in research funding bid
- Sustainable salmon farming? A closer look at Norway's aquaculture industry
- Expanding aquaculture at the expense of wild salmon?
- The new Norwegian salmon farming regime - at odds with the Constitution?
- FNI in South Africa: New opportunities in the Blue Economy
De store oppdretterne blir enda større ('The big salmon farmers are growing bigger')
Bergens Tidende, 12.12.2018. In Norwegian.
Superlus og søksmål ('Super-lice and lawsuits')
Fiskeribladet, 5.5.2017. In Norwegian.
-Ingen positive virkninger ('No positive effects of salmon farming')
Altaposten, 23.2.2017. Op-ed by Georg Fr. Rieber Mohn. In Norwegian.
Mener det nye oppdrettssystemet kan føre til brudd på grunnloven ('Thinks the new fish farming system could lead to constitutional breaches')
NRK Trøndelag, 21.1.2017. In Norwegian.
Mener oppdrett kan være i strid med grunnloven ('Thinks salmon farming could be at odds with the Constitution')
Dagens Næringsliv, 11.1.2017. In Norwegian.
Grunnlovens miljøparagraf kan stoppe vannkraftutbygging ('The Constitution could stop hydro power projects')
Ilaks, 11.1.2017. In Norwegian
Grunnloven kan velte oppdrettsvekst ('The Constitution could stop salmon farming growth')
Bergens Tidende, 11.1.2017. In Norwegian