The main objective of the NorZymeD project is to develop competitive enzyme technology for processing of Norwegian biomass to increase value-creation in the Norwegian bio-based industry.
In addition, the project aims to:
- Establish a national developmental pipeline for the identification, optimization and production of industrially useful enzymes.
- Optimization of technology for stabilization and immobilization of enzymes in flow reactors.
- Develop enzymes for processing of lignocellulosic biomass, with focus on processes in the Borregaard biorefinery.
- Develop enzymes and enzymatic processes for biorefining of marine biomass, with focus on operations at Marine Bioproducts.
- Identify novel opportunities (enzymes and biorefining processes) and establish links with other projects, e.g. in the chitin / chitosan area.
- Identifying and dealing with ethical, social and legal issues by building capacity on Ethical, Legal and Social Aspects (ELSA) throughout the consortium.
- Establish a national arena for industrial biocatalysis and biorefining.
FNI will contribute to building ELSA capacity (aim 6), with focus on legal aspects.
See NorZymeD project website for more information.
Project period: 2013-2016
- Research Council of Norway
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Journal of Environmental Policy and Law, Vol 46, Nos 3-4, 2016, pp. 227-237