- Research Professor+47 90033829 / 67111900
The main objectives of this project are:
- To understand internal constraints and dynamics in Russian climate policy formation as well as conditions for change in Russia's emission trends and international climate position.
- To analyse Russia's influence on the effectiveness of the international climate regime and negotiation process.
These objectives are examined as follows:
- How has Russia's climate position changed since the ratification of the Kyoto Protocol?
- Which domestic discourses can be identified on climate policy? Which of these argumentations are reflected in Russia's international climate position?
- Which domestic pressure groups influence Russia's international climate position, and could thus be considered as 'veto players'? Is there evidence of such two-level game?
- Which dynamics are likely to influence Russia's greenhouse gas emission trends and how?
- Which elements of Russia's international climate position are negotiable / non-negotiable and why?
Project period: 2011-2015
- Research Council of Norway, NORKLIMA Programme
- The Academy of Finland postdoctoral grant through University of Turku (Pan European Institute)
Cheltenham, Edward Elgar, 2015, 192 p.
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
In Cinnamon P. Carlarne, Kevin R. Gray, and Richard Tarasofsky (eds), The Oxford Handbook of International Climate Change Law. Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2016, pp. 700-723.
International Environmental Agreements, published online 19.05.2015. DOI: 10.1007/s10784-015-9286-5. 15 p.
Climate Policy, published online 25.08.2015. DOI: 10.1080/14693062.2015.1075373
In Geert Van Calster, Wim Vandenberghe and Leonie Reins (eds), Research Handbook on Climate Change Mitigation Law. Cheltenham, Edward Elgar, 2015, pp. 617-633.
In G. Bang, A. Underdal and S. Andresen (eds), The Domestic Politics of Global Climate Change. Cheltenham, Edward Elgar, 2015, pp. 141-159.
Climate Policy, Vol 14, No 2, 2014, pp. 224-241.
Climate Policy, Vol 13, No 3, 2013, pp. 403-407.
In Luca Anchesi and Jonathan Symons (eds), Energy Security in the Era of Climate Change. Chippenham & Eastbourne (UK), Palgrave Macmillan, 2012, pp. 143-160.
Energy Policy, Vol 42, March 2012, pp. 213-220
FNI Climate Policy Perspectives 9, April 2013
FNI Climate Policy Perspectives 2, November 2011