- Senior Research Fellow+47 90526312
The main goal of this project is to shed new light on the question of how Norway's enforcement of sovereignty in the Barents Sea is perceived in Russia.
The project revolves around three key themes/research questions:
- First, we will provide a general outline of Norway's enforcement activity, as well as of Russian interests, in the area.
- Second, we aim to map the main Russian positions and perceptions pertaining to the issue, with particular focus on the Coast Guard's enforcement practice in the Fishery protection zone around Svalbard.
- Third, we will discuss the implications of these perceptions to Norwegian-Russian security policy relations in general.
Project period: 2018-2019
- Norwegian Ministry of Defence
High North News, 25.4.2019.
The Arctic Institute, 12.2.2019.