Narobi, UNEP, 2018, 26 p.
The report provides a comprehensive assessment of 115 National Biodiversity Strategies and Action Plans submitted after May 2014 against the following parameters:
• The NBSAP preparation processes
• The legal preparedness of countries to implement NBSAPs, based on the information provided in the NBSAPs reviewed
• The extent to which NBSAPs encompass the Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020 and the Aichi Biodiversity Targets
• Coverage of indicators and measures for monitoring and review
• How countries have responded to decision XI/4 of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity on resource mobilization
For all post-2010 NBSAPs, the assessment has had an additional, strong emphasis on mainstreaming and the extent to which NBSAPs provide for legal and policy frameworks to promote mainstreaming