- Arctic geopolitics
- International relations
- Maritime boundaries
- Marine resource management
- Foreign policy decision-making
- PhD International Relations, University of British Columbia (UBC) (ongoing)
- M.Sc. European Politics, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) (2010)
- Bachelor Political Economy, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) (2009)
- Advisor, High North Center, Nord University, Bodø (part time), (2015-ongoing)
- Senior fellow, The Arctic Institute, Washington DC (part time), (2011-ongoing)
- Program Coordinator and Research Fellow, Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies (IFS), Oslo (2014-2017)
- Advisor, North Norway European Office, Brussels (2010-2014)
- Visiting research fellow, Munk-Gordon Arctic Security Program, Toronto (2013)
- Research intern, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), Washington DC (2011)
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
In Nengye Liu, Elizabeth A. Kirk, and Tore Henriksen (eds): The European Union and the Arctic. Leiden: Brill Nijhoff, 2017, pp. 97-119.
Canadian Yearbook of International Law, published online 11.08.2017, 62 p. DOI: 10.1017/cyl.2017.14
Arctic Review on Law and Politics, Vol 7, No 1, 2016, pp. 83–100.
Defence Studies, Vol 15, No 2, 2015, pp. 143-160.
Journal of Military and Strategic Studies, Vol 15, No 2, 2013, pp. 71–92
High North News. 6.9.2017. In Norwegian.
In S. Bruns and A.J. Neumann (eds), Maritime Security Challenges: Focus High North. Papers from the Kiel Conference 2016. Kiel, Institute for Security Policy, Kiel University, 2017, pp 3-8.
High North News, 03.03.2017
News Deeply, 10.02.2017.
Report, Centre for Military Studies, University of Copenhagen, February 2017, 54 p.