- Arctic geopolitics
- International relations
- Maritime boundaries
- Marine resource management
- Foreign policy decision-making
- PhD International Relations, University of British Columbia (UBC) (ongoing)
- M.Sc. European Politics, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) (2010)
- Bachelor Political Economy, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) (2009)
- Advisor, High North Center, Nord University, Bodø (part time), (2015-ongoing)
- Senior fellow, The Arctic Institute, Washington DC (part time), (2011-ongoing)
- Program Coordinator and Research Fellow, Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies (IFS), Oslo (2014-2017)
- Advisor, North Norway European Office, Brussels (2010-2014)
- Visiting research fellow, Munk-Gordon Arctic Security Program, Toronto (2013)
- Research intern, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), Washington DC (2011)
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
In Nengye Liu, Elizabeth A. Kirk, and Tore Henriksen (eds): The European Union and the Arctic. Leiden: Brill Nijhoff, 2017, pp. 97-119.
Canadian Yearbook of International Law, published online 11.08.2017, 62 p. DOI: 10.1017/cyl.2017.14
Arctic Review on Law and Politics, Vol 7, No 1, 2016, pp. 83–100.
Defence Studies, Vol 15, No 2, 2015, pp. 143-160.
Journal of Military and Strategic Studies, Vol 15, No 2, 2013, pp. 71–92
European View, published online 27.11.2017, 11 p.
High North News. 6.9.2017. In Norwegian.
In S. Bruns and A.J. Neumann (eds), Maritime Security Challenges: Focus High North. Papers from the Kiel Conference 2016. Kiel, Institute for Security Policy, Kiel University, 2017, pp 3-8.
High North News, 03.03.2017
News Deeply, 10.02.2017.