- Arctic geopolitics
- International relations
- Maritime boundaries
- Marine resource management
- Foreign policy decision-making
- PhD International Relations, University of British Columbia (UBC) (ongoing)
- M.Sc. European Politics, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) (2010)
- Bachelor Political Economy, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) (2009)
- Advisor, High North Center, Nord University, Bodø (part time), (2015-ongoing)
- Senior fellow, The Arctic Institute, Washington DC (part time), (2011-ongoing)
- Program Coordinator and Research Fellow, Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies (IFS), Oslo (2014-2017)
- Advisor, North Norway European Office, Brussels (2010-2014)
- Visiting research fellow, Munk-Gordon Arctic Security Program, Toronto (2013)
- Research intern, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), Washington DC (2011)
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Ocean Development and International Law, published online 23.03.2019, 19 p. DOI: 10.1080/00908320.2019.1582606
Marine Policy, Vol 98, 2018, pp. 58-64.
In The International Ocean Institute-Canada (ed), The Future of Ocean Governance and Capacity Development. Leiden, Brill/Nijhoff, 2018, pp. 162-168.
In Mark Nuttall, Torben R. Christensen and Martin Siegert (eds), Routledge Handbook of the Polar Regions. Abingdon, Routledge, 2018, pp. 348-356.
Polar Journal, Vol 8, No 1, 2018, pp. 163-181.
High North News, 11.6.2019. In Norwegian.
High North News, 25.4.2019.
Wilfried Martens Centre for European Studies, policy brief. April 2019.
The Geographer. Winter 2018, pp. 15. Royal Scottish Geographic Society.
The Arctic Institute, 12.2.2019.
Leteboring, arrestordrer og krigsskip: Kampen om havenes skjulte gull blir stadig hetere ('Drilling, arrest orders and warships: The fight over the oceans' hidden gold intensifies')
Aftenposten, 01.07.2019. In Norwegian.
U.S. Arctic defense strategy ramps up rhetoric without committing resources, experts say
Canada Makes a Claim to the North Pole
Live Science, 7.6.2019.
Canada vil ha Nordpolen. Og norske politikere endte i grøfta ('Canada wants the North Pole. And Norwegian politicians ended up in the ditch')
High North News, 1.6.2019. In Norwegian.
Does Santa Claus speak Danish, English or Russian?
The Economist, 1.6.2019.