- Arctic geopolitics
- International relations
- Maritime boundaries
- Marine resource management
- Foreign policy decision-making
- PhD International Relations, University of British Columbia (UBC) (ongoing)
- M.Sc. European Politics, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) (2010)
- Bachelor Political Economy, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) (2009)
- Advisor, High North Center, Nord University, Bodø (part time), (2015-ongoing)
- Senior fellow, The Arctic Institute, Washington DC (part time), (2011-ongoing)
- Program Coordinator and Research Fellow, Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies (IFS), Oslo (2014-2017)
- Advisor, North Norway European Office, Brussels (2010-2014)
- Visiting research fellow, Munk-Gordon Arctic Security Program, Toronto (2013)
- Research intern, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), Washington DC (2011)
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
In Mark Nuttall, Torben R. Christensen and Martin Siegert (eds), Routledge Handbook of the Polar Regions. Abingdon, Routledge, 2018, pp. 348-356.
Polar Journal, Vol 8, No 1, 2018, pp. 163-181.
Arctic Review on Law and Politics, Vol 9, May 2018, pp. 100-123.
European View, Vol 17, 2017, pp. 1-11
In Nengye Liu, Elizabeth A. Kirk, and Tore Henriksen (eds): The European Union and the Arctic. Leiden: Brill Nijhoff, 2017, pp. 97-119.
The Arctic Institute, 19.06.2018.
High North News. 03.04.18.
Charged Affairs, 22.01.18
High North News. 6.9.2017. In Norwegian.
Norway’s Border with Russia Shapes Its Arctic Policy New Study Concludes
High North News, 14.08.2018.