- Politics and international relations in the European Arctic, focusing on security and energy issues.
- Norwegian domestic and foreign policy discourses.
- Securitization and the European Arctic.
- The deepening and widening of the concept of security.
- Implementation of international regimes related to agricultural biodiversity
- Post-structuralist IR theory
- Discourse analysis
- Norwegian foreign policy in the Arctic region
- Norwegian energy policy in the Arctic region
- PhD, Department of Sociology, Political Science and Community Planning, University of Tromsø, 2013.
- Master of Arts in Political Science, University of Tromsø, 2006.
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, University of Oslo, 2003 (political science).
- Bachelor of Marketing (BM) in Marketing, Information and Public Relations, Norwegian School of Management BI- School of Marketing, 2002.
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Polar Geography, published online 03.04.2017, 23 p. DOI: 10.1080/1088937X.2017.1308975
The Polar Journal, published online 13.10.2016, 18 p. DOI: 10.1080/2154896X.2016.1241490
In L.C. Jensen and G. Hønneland (eds), Handbook of the Politics of the Arctic. Cheltenham, Edward Elgar, 2015, pp. 462-481.
Internasjonal Politikk, Vol 72, No 1, 2014, pp. 7-29. In Norwegian
In Svein Jentoft, Jens-Ivar Nergård, Kjell Arne Røvik (eds), Hvor Går Nord-Norge? Politiske Tidslinjer. Stamsund, Orkana Akademisk, 2013, pp. 67-81. In Norwegian.
FNI report 2/2006. Lysaker, FNI, 2006. 62 p. In Norwegian
RELATED RESEARCH AREA(S)
Drilling for the environment
Arctic Journal, 11.04.2016
Analysis gone wrong
Arctic Journal, 14.04.2016
International relations in the Arctic. Norway and the struggle for power in the new north (book review)
Polar Record, 31.03.2016
I Norge er olien god for miljøet ('In Norway, oil is good for the environment')
Information, 29.04.2016. In Danish