- Legal regulation of invention and development, in particular for gene-, bio- and nanotechnology.
- International regulation of intellectual property. Particular specialisation in international intellectual property rights, as patent law, plant breeders'rights and sui generis legal systems.
- Regulation of property rights to genetic resources and genetic material. Specialised in legislation regulating Access to and Benefit Sharing from use of Genetic Resources. The Convention on Biological Diversity and the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture.
- Theory of law and the background problems for legal systems and legal argumentation.
- Interest and broad experience on Environmental law. Implementation of international law in domestic legislation.
Cand. jur., University of Oslo, 2001 (International Environmental Law, Costa Rican Law, Methodology of Law)
- Teaching at the Universities of Oslo and Tromsø (since 1999).
- Assistant Lawyer, Advokatfirmaet Hjort (2001-2002).
- Research Assistant in International Environmental Law (University of Oslo, 1998-2000).
Oslo, Gyldendal Akademisk, 2012, 460 p. In Norwegian.
Oslo, Cappelen Akademiske Forlag, 2010, 380 p. In Norwegian.
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Journal of Environmental Policy and Law, Vol 46, Nos 3-4, 2016, pp. 227-237
Journal of World Intellectual Property Rights, Online 06.06.2016, 13 p. DOI: 10.1111/jwip.12058
In Coolsaet, Brendan, Fulya Batur, Arianna Broggiato, John Pitseys and Tom Dedeurwaerdere (eds), Implementing the Nagoya Protocol. Leiden/Boston, Brill | Nijhoff, 2015, pp. 175-193.
In P.H. Pattberg and F. Zelli (eds), Encyclopedia of Global Environmental Governance and Politics. Cheltenham, Edward Elgar, 2015, pp. 322-328.
Law Environment and Development Journal, Vol 11, No 1, 2015, pp 1-20.
Klassekampen, 2.11.2016. In Norwegian.
Dagens Næringsliv, 29.09.2016.
Forskning.no, 16.12.2015. In Norwegian.
FNI Report 4/2015. Lysaker, FNI, 2015, 18 p.
FNI Report 3/2015. Lysaker, FNI, 2015, 27 p.