- International law
- Law of the sea
- International institutional law
- Legitimacy in international law
- Global administrative law
- International law and politics for the Polar regions
- PhD, Faculty of Law, University of Oslo, 2013.
- Cand. jur, University of Oslo, 2005.
- Associate Member of the International Law Association's International Committee on 'Baselines under the International Law of the Sea', Norwegian branch representative (2012-present).
- Guest Researcher, Faculty of Law, Department of Public and International Law, University of Oslo (February-May 2011).
- Doctoral studies, Faculty of Law, University of Oslo.
- Teaching private law, legal methodology and public international law at the University of Oslo.
- Research Assistant, Research Fellow and Senior Research Fellow, The Fridtjof Nansen Institute.
- Examiner and Academic Supervisor, Faculties of Law at the Universities of Bergen, Oslo and Tromsø.
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Arctic Review on Law and Politics, Vol 7, No 1, 2016, pp. 60-82.
Ocean Development and International Law, Vol 47, No 1, 2016, pp. 72-88.
In Sven Holtsmark (ed), Naboer i frykt og forventning: Norge og Russland 1917-2014 ('Neighbors in Fear and Expectation: Norway and Russia 1917-2014'). Oslo, Pax forlag, 2015, pp. 565-575. In Norwegian.
In L.C. Jensen and G. Hønneland (eds), Handbook of the Politics of the Arctic. Cheltenham, Edward Elgar, 2015, pp. 227-246.
Anthropocene, Vol 9, 2015, pp. 1-13
Dictum, Vol 1, No 1, 2015, pp. 20-21. In Norwegian.
FNI Report 2/2007. Lysaker, FNI, 2007, 32 p.
FNI Report 3/2006. Lysaker, FNI, 2006, 47 p.
Håper snøkrabben kan ta over for kulldriften på Svalbard ('Hopes snow crab business can replace coal mining on Svalbard')
NRK Finnmark, 20.2.2017. In Norwegian.
Tror ikke Latvias «Svalbard-domstol» finnes ('Latvia's 'Svalbard court' may not exixt')
NRK Finnmark, 18.2.2017. In Norwegian.