- International law
- Law of the sea
- International institutional law
- Legitimacy in international law
- Global administrative law
- International law and politics for the Polar regions
- PhD, Faculty of Law, University of Oslo, 2013.
- Cand. jur, University of Oslo, 2005.
- Associate Member of the International Law Association's International Committee on 'Baselines under the International Law of the Sea', Norwegian branch representative (2012-present).
- Guest Researcher, Faculty of Law, Department of Public and International Law, University of Oslo (February-May 2011).
- Doctoral studies, Faculty of Law, University of Oslo.
- Teaching private law, legal methodology and public international law at the University of Oslo.
- Research Assistant, Research Fellow and Senior Research Fellow, The Fridtjof Nansen Institute.
- Examiner and Academic Supervisor, Faculties of Law at the Universities of Bergen, Oslo and Tromsø.
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
In Oude Elferink, Alex G., et. al. (eds), Boundary Delimitation: The Case Law: Is It Consistent and Predictable? Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2018, pp. 351-375.
Ocean Development & International Law, Vol 48, pp. 1-7.
In Svein Vigeland Rottem and Ida Folkestad Soltvedt (eds), Arctic Governance: Law and Politics. Volume 1. London, I.B. Tauris, 2017, pp. 151-178.
In Svein Vigeland Rottem and Ida Folkestad Soltvedt (eds), Arctic Governance: Law and Politics. Volume 1. London, I.B. Tauris, 2017, pp. 133-149.
In Svein Vigeland Rottem and Ida Folkestad Soltvedt (eds), Arctic Governance: Law and Politics. Volume 1. London, I.B. Tauris, 2017, pp. 107-132.
Oxford Bibliogaphies in International Law, published 11.01.2018.
Dictum, Vol 1, No 1, 2015, pp. 20-21. In Norwegian.
FNI Report 2/2007. Lysaker, FNI, 2007, 32 p.
FNI Report 3/2006. Lysaker, FNI, 2006, 47 p.
- Experts gathered in Tromsø: What future for the polar regions?
- Fish, not oil, at the heart of the South China Sea conflict
- Impressive string of new Arctic books
- Experts discussed management of international waters
- Troubled waters for Polar protection: Setback for expansion of the Polar Code
The Polar Code, one year on
The Maritime Executive. 20.2.18.
The EU awards new licenses for snow crab catching - Norway refuses
High North News. 14.12.2017.
Snøkrabbe-brudd med EU ('Snow crab-breach with the EU')
Kyst og fjord. 14.12.2017. In Norwegian.
EU deler ut nye lisenser til snøkrabbefangst - Norge nekter ('EU issues new licenses to fish snow crab - Norway refuses')
High North News. 13.12.2017. In Norwegian.
-Snow crab verdict as expected
High North News. 5.12.2017.