- The Aarhus Convention and environmental politics in the Post-Soviet Caucasus
- Civil society, democratization and development aid in the Post-Soviet states
- Norwegian-Russian relations and cooperation.
- Civil society, environmental NGOs and trade unions in (North Western) Russia.
- Nagorno-Karabakh, Azerbaijani-Armenian relations.
- PhD, University of Oslo, 2017 (Social Anthropology)
- Master in Social Anthropology, University of Oslo, 2005 (social anthropology, history of ideas, Russian and East European studies).
- Senior Research Fellow, Fridtjof Nansen Institute (since 2017).
- Guest researcher, Department of Social Anthropology, University of Oslo (August 2015-March 2016).
- Member of the Board and Council at the Fridtjof Nansen Institute (since 2015).
- Academic advisor at Department of Literature, Area Studies and European Languages, University of Oslo and International Environment and Development Studies, Noragric, Norwegian University of Life Sciences (since 2009).
- Examiner at Department of Sociology, Political Science and Community Planning, University of Tromsø and Department of Social Anthropology, University of Oslo (since 2009).
- Director of the Russia Programme at the Fridtjof Nansen Institute (2008-2010)
- Research fellow at Fridtjof Nansen Institute (2006-2017)
Doctoral dissertation, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Oslo, 2017, 266 p.
Trondheim, Tapir Academic Press, 2010, 100 p. In Norwegian.
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Polar Research, Vol 29, 2010, pp. 439-450.
Norsk Antropologisk Tidsskrift, Vol 18, No 3-4, 2007, pp. 241-252. In Norwegian.
FNI Report 11/2014. Lysaker, FNI, 2014, 41 p. In Norwegian.
Occasional Paper 2/2013. Oslo, Norwegian Church Aid, 2013, 30 p.
FNI Report 05/2011. Lysaker, FNI, 2011, 33 p. In Norwegian.
FNI Report 8/2008. Lysaker, FNI, 2008, 51 p. In Norwegian.
FNI Report 14/2005. Lysaker, FNI, 2005, 82 p.
RELATED RESEARCH AREA(S)
'End of Transition' International Conference Concludes in Yerevan
The Armenian Weeky. 8.6.2017.