- The implementation of the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture.
- The understanding and implementation of Farmers' Rights as addressed in the International Treaty.
- Plant variety release and seed marketing regulations in the EU and Norway.
- The effects of multilateral environmental and economic agreements on the management of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture in developing countries.
- The role of civil society actors in the implementation of multilateral agreements pertaining to plant genetic resources for food and agriculture in developing countries.
- The implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity, with focus on access to genetic resources and the equitable sharing of benefits from their use.
- Politics and legislation related to organic food and production.
- Planning and evaluation method in development co-operation (facilitation of seminars and workshops).
- Dr. Polit., University of Oslo, Department of Political Science, 2007.
- Diplom Politologin (equivalent to Cand. polit.), Free University of Berlin, 1991 (political science) .
- Research, project development and management, presentations and other dissemination activities, facilitation of meetings and international consultations processes, and consultancies (advice, evaluations and training seminars), Fridtjof Nansen Institute (since 1995).
- Executive Director, Oikos – Organic Norway (January 2013 – May 2017)
- Member of the Norwegian Genetic Resources Committee for Plants (2011-).
- Member of the Norwegian delegation to all sessions of the Governing Body of the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (2004-).
- Member of Advisory Committee to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Results in the Development Policy, and of its working committee (2001-03).
- Chair of the Board of the Rainforest Foundation Norway (2006 – 2012), Vice Chair (2002-2006) and member (2000-2002 and 2012-2016).
- Staff representative in the Board of the Fridtjof Nansen Institute (1999-03).
- Senior Research Fellow, Fridtjof Nansen Institute (December 1994 – December 2012)
- Course co-ordinator, NORAD Training Centre, Oslo (1993-94).
- Executive Officer, Carl Duisberg Gesellschaft, Unit for Environment and Resource Management, Berlin (1992-93).
- Research assistant, Free University of Berlin, Department of the Politics of China, East and Southeast Asia (1987-90).
- Field study experiences: Philippines, India, Nepal, Uganda and Tanzania.
Abingdon (UK), Routledge, 2017, 232 p.
Aldershot, Ashgate, 2008, 420 p.
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Chapter 28 in Danny Hunter, Luigi Guarino, Charles Spillane and Peter McKeown (eds), Routledge Handbook of Agricultural Biodiversity. Routledge, 2017, pp. 449-470.
In Michael Halewood (ed), Farmers' Crop Varieties and Farmers' Rights: Challenges in Taxonomy and Law. London/New York, Routledge, 2016 pp. 129-152.
In Michael Halewood (ed), Farmers' Crop Varieties and Farmers' Rights: Challenges in Taxonomy and Law. London/New York, Routledge, 2016 pp. 99-128.
In Andersen, Regine and Tone Winge (eds), Realising Farmers' Rights to Crop Genetic Resources: Success Stories and Best Practices. Abingdon (UK), Routledge, 2013, pp. 117-133.
In Andersen, Regine and Tone Winge (eds), Realising Farmers' Rights to Crop Genetic Resources: Success Stories and Best Practices. Abingdon (UK), Routledge, 2013, pp. 54-61.
FNI Report 17/2012. Lysaker, FNI, 2012, 119 p.
Trade Insight, Vol 8, No 2, 2012, pp. 33-34.
FNI Report 6/2012. Lysaker, FNI, 2012, 159 p.
FNI Report 11/2011. Lysaker, FNI, 2011, 116 p. In Norwegian.
In: Banking for the future: savings, security and seeds. Oslo, Development Fund, 2011, pp. 5-6
RELATED RESEARCH AREA(S)
Norway: Participatory Plant Breeding
DIVERSIFOOD Newsletter #6. 20.10.2017.
Experts stress need for a policy regime to reward communities
Karobar National Economic Daily. 2.8.2017.