I study the relationship and dynamics between science, policy, technology, and environmental politics. Empirically I focus on the political economy of climate and energy policy, the low-carbon transition, aquaculture politics and the governance of wild salmon populations.
- PhD, University of Oslo, Department of Political Science (2011)
- MSc, Environmental Policy, Planning and Regulation, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) (2004-2005)
- BSc, International Relations, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) (2001-2004)
- Senior Researcher, the Fridtjof Nansen Institute (ongoing)
- Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Development and the Environment, University of Oslo (2007-2011)
- Visiting Research Scholar, MIT Joint Program on the Science and Policy of Global Change, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2009)
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Policy Sciences, published online 16.11.2023, 24 p. DOI: 10.1007/s11077-023-09517-2
Aquaculture International, published online 31.08.2023, 17 p. DOI: 10.1007/s10499-023-01270-w
Environmental Innovation and Societal Transitions, Vol 47, published online 10.04.2023, 16 p. DOI: 10.1016/j.eist.2023.100725
Marine Policy, Vol 138, April 2022, 7 p. DOI: 10.1016/j.marpol.2022.104987
Aquaculture, published online 04.10.2020. DOI: 10.1016/j.aquaculture.2020.736000
Science Norway, October 19, 2022.
Report commissioned by the Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) . Published 2022, 25 p.
Forskning.no, September 30, 2022. In Norwegian.
Ung.forskning.no, September 28, 2022. In Norwegian.
Dagens Næringsliv, 29 April 2021. In Norwegian.
- Irja Vormedal Promoted to Research Professor
- FNI hits the jackpot in research funding bid
- Sustainable salmon farming? A closer look at Norway's aquaculture industry
- Prestigious scholarship awarded to ‘young research talent’ at FNI
- New Report Finds Norway Lacking in Policy Coherence for Development
Ingen miljøeffekt av strengere lusekrav (No environmental impact from stricter lice regulations)
IntraFish, 28.10.20. In Norwegian.
Lusekrav i oppdrettslaks gir ingen effekt (Lice requirements in farmed salmon have no environmental effect)
Dagsnytt 18 NRK2, 22.10.20, Debattinnslag. In Norwegian.
Grønn vekst i blå næring? ('Green growth in a blue economy?')
Norsk Fiskerinæring, edition 11/12 2019.
Hvordan løse miljøproblemer samtidig som man øker produksjonsvolumene i oppdrettsnæringen ('How to solve environmental problems while increasing production in the salmon farming industry')
ilaks.no, 13.11.2019. In Norwegian.
Slik jobber Mowi for å få fram den beste stamfisken ('How Mowi works to produce the best broodstock')
Ilaks.no, 8.11.2019. In Norwegian.