- International security studies with an emphasis on the role of non-state actor’s use of coercion in the international system.
- Emergent practices in the coordinated use of sub-threshold military and non-military coercion described as hybrid warfare or hybrid threats.
- I am currently Project Managing the international, multi-year N-SAFE project. N-SAFE focuses on innovations in NGO direct participation in national fisheries protection and the countering of illegal fishing in partnership with states globally.
- PhD in International Relations from the London School of Economics and Political Science (2009)
- Senior Researcher, Fridtjof Nansen Institute, Oslo (2021-present)
- Senior Researcher, Norwegian Institute of International Affairs, Oslo (2013-2021)
- Project Lead, MCDC Counter-Hybrid Warfare Project (2015-2018)
- Analyst, Comparative Analytics, Eurasia Group, Washington DC (2011-2013)
- Research Fellow, Institut Barcelona Estudis Internacionals, Barcelona (2009-2011)
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
In Stig Stenslie, Lars Haugom and Brigt Harr Vaage (eds), Intelligence Analysis in the Digital Age. Routledge, 2022, Chapter 7.
In Mikael Weissmann, Niklas Nilsson and Per Thunholm (eds), Hybrid Warfare: Security and Asymmetric Conflict in International Relations. I.B. Tauris, 2021, Chapter 4.
In Eugenio Cusumano and Christopher Kinsey (eds), Diplomatic Security Today: A Comparative Analysis. Stanford University Press, 2019, Chapter 1.
RUSI Journal, Vol 162, No 2, 2017, pp. 8-15.