- Senior Research Fellow+47 92016644
The main objective of this project is to identify the driving forces and hindrances behind Norwegian households becoming electricity 'prosumers' – not only consumers, but producers as well.
Furthermore, the sub-objectives of the project, to be investigated by separate work packages, are:
- To improve our understanding of differences and similarities in the prosumer policies in the UK, Germany and Norway.
- To understand why some households in Norway decide to become engaged as prosumers, what their experiences are, how they use energy at home and how they respond to regulations and solutions offered by central stakeholders.
- To improve our understanding of how emerging prosumer participation in the energy system is perceived and handled by central stakeholders.
- To provide perspectives to policymakers, energy suppliers and relevant industry actors on the conditions for increased participation of prosumers in the Norwegian energy system.
FNI is leading the investigations into the first of these sub-objectives, mapping and analysing prosumer-relevant regulations and framework conditions in Norway, as well as leading similar analyses for the UK and Germany.
More information (in Norwegian) at CICERO's project webpage.
Project period: 2015-2018
- Research Council of Norway (ENERGIX Programme)
- Agder Energi AS
- Lyse Elnett AS
- Skagerak Energi AS
- Akershus County Council
- Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Directorate (NVE)
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Energy Research & Social Science, published online 14.10.2020. DOI: 10.1016/j.erss.2020.101816
Energy Research & Social Science, Vol 42, 2018, pp. 258-269.
CICERO Report 04:2018, 22 p. In Norwegian.
Durham University, DEI Briefing Note, April 2018, 5 p.
FNI Report 5/2016. Lysaker, FNI, 2016, 89 p.
RELATED RESEARCH AREA(S)
Hvem skaffer seg solcellepanel hjemme? (Who opt for solar panels at home?)
Forskning.no, 09.11.20. In Norwegian.
Hva blir den norske gassens fremtid? ('What future for Norwegian gas?')
NRK P2, Studio 2, 27.2.2019. In Norwegian
Skinner sola sterkere i Tyskland og Storbritannia? ('Does the sun shine brighter in Germany and the UK?')
Magasinet Klima. 9.3.2017. In Norwegian.