- International environmental policy and law with a particular interest in biodiversity and natural resources management
- Implementation of international environmental commitments
- Access to genetic resources and benefit sharing from its use
- International environmental governance
- Arctic environmental governance
- Science/policy interface in the environmental field
Master of Law
- Senior International Adviser, Danish Ministry of Environment (1993-2012).
- Lead negotiator for Denmark and (during the Danish EU Presidency) EU in international environmental negotiations.
- Self-employed international consultant in international policy and law.
- Research Fellow, United Nations University.
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
In Svein Vigeland Rottem and Ida Folkestad Soltvedt (eds), Arctic Governance: Law and Politics. Volume 1. London, I.B. Tauris, 2017, pp. 205-230.
Ecosystem Services, Vol 29, Part B, 2018, pp. 199-204
Review of European Community & International Environmental Law, Vol 25, No 3, 2016, pp. 363-377.
Nordisk Miljörättslig Tidskrift, No 2, 2016, pp. 89-103.
Nordisk Miljörättslig Tidskrift, No 2, 2016, pp. 37-53.
Narobi, UNEP, 2018, 26 p.
FNI Report 2/2018. Lysaker, FNI, 2018, 56 p.
Aftenposten, 1.2.2017. In Norwegian.
- New agreement to safeguard North Pole against unregulated fishing
- Experts gathered in Tromsø: What future for the polar regions?
- FNI presents study on national implementation of the UN Biodiversity Convention
- Convention on Biodiversity 25 years
- The International Whaling Commission reviewed
UiT-forskere gir innspill til FN for ny havrettskonvensjon ('UiT researchers advice the UN on new Ocean Treaty')
UiT. 3.4.2017. In Norwegian.
Den nye istiden ('The new Ice Age')
Norsk Fiskerinæring. Nr. 2 (February), 2017.