- International environmental policy and law with a particular interest in biodiversity and natural resources management
- Implementation of international environmental commitments
- Access to genetic resources and benefit sharing from its use
- International environmental governance
- Arctic environmental governance
- Science/policy interface in the environmental field
Master of Law
- Senior International Adviser, Danish Ministry of Environment (1993-2012).
- Lead negotiator for Denmark and (during the Danish EU Presidency) EU in international environmental negotiations.
- Self-employed international consultant in international policy and law.
- Research Fellow, United Nations University.
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Marine Policy, published online 12.12.2019, 8 p. DOI: 10.1016/j.marpol.2019.103768
In Svein Vigeland Rottem and Ida Folkestad Soltvedt (eds), Arctic Governance: Law and Politics. Volume 1. London, I.B. Tauris, 2017, pp. 205-230.
Ecosystem Services, Vol 29, Part B, 2018, pp. 199-204
Review of European Community & International Environmental Law, Vol 25, No 3, 2016, pp. 363-377.
Nordisk Miljörättslig Tidskrift, No 2, 2016, pp. 89-103.
NUPI Policy Brief, 12/2019, 4 p.
Nature. Correspondence, in 565, 161 (2019).
Arctic Review on Law and Politics. Vol. 9, No. 1, 2018, pp. 264–266
Energi og Klima, 26.11.2018. In Norwegian.
Altinget.dk, 21.11.2018. In Danish.
Kan verdensmålene redde biodiversiteten? ('Can the global targets save biodiversity?')
Danmarks Radio Public Service, 22 January 2020. In Danish.
Så nej, 2020-planerne for naturen holdt ikke ('So no, the 2020 plans for nature didn't succeed')
Zetland, 3.1.2020. In Danish.
Naturens topmøde burde være lige så velbesøgt som klimaets, men vores egen minister deltager ikke ('The nature summit should have been just as popular as the one on climate, but our own minister is not attending')
Zetland.dk, 29.11.2018. In Danish.
UiT-forskere gir innspill til FN for ny havrettskonvensjon ('UiT researchers advice the UN on new Ocean Treaty')
UiT. 3.4.2017. In Norwegian.
Den nye istiden ('The new Ice Age')
Norsk Fiskerinæring. Nr. 2 (February), 2017.