- International environmental policy and law with a particular interest in biodiversity and natural resources management
- Implementation of international environmental commitments
- Access to genetic resources and benefit sharing from its use
- International environmental governance
- Arctic environmental governance
- Science/policy interface in the environmental field
Master of Law
- Senior International Adviser, Danish Ministry of Environment (1993-2012).
- Lead negotiator for Denmark and (during the Danish EU Presidency) EU in international environmental negotiations.
- Self-employed international consultant in international policy and law.
- Research Fellow, United Nations University.
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
In Elise Johansen, Signe Busch and Ingvild Ulrikke Jakobsen (eds), The Law of the Sea and Climate Change: Solutions and Constraints. Cambridge University Press, 2020, pp. 336-353.
Internasjonal Politikk, Vol 78, No 3, 2020, pp. 284-310. In Norwegian.
Polar Record, published online 22.07.2020, 9 p. DOI: 10.1017/S0032247420000224
Marine Policy, published online 12.12.2019, 8 p. DOI: 10.1016/j.marpol.2019.103768
In Svein Vigeland Rottem and Ida Folkestad Soltvedt (eds), Arctic Governance: Law and Politics. Volume 1. London, I.B. Tauris, 2017, pp. 205-230.
FNI Report 1/2021. Lysaker, FNI, 2021, 28 p.
Forskning.no, 03.10.2020. In Norwegian
FNI Policy Brief 3/2020. Lysaker, Fridtjof Nansen Institute, September 2020, 8 p.
LAG-Bornholm har fået ny formand ('LAG-Bornholm has a new chairman')
TV2/Bornholm, 26 August 2020. In Danish.
Dette vet vi om økosystembasert forvaltning – og slik kan Norge lykkes ('This is what we know about ecosystem-based management - and how Norway can succeed with it')
Nina.no, 28 April 2020. In Norwegian.
Kan verdensmålene redde biodiversiteten? ('Can the global targets save biodiversity?')
Danmarks Radio Public Service, 22 January 2020. In Danish.
Så nej, 2020-planerne for naturen holdt ikke ('So no, the 2020 plans for nature didn't succeed')
Zetland, 3.1.2020. In Danish.
Naturens topmøde burde være lige så velbesøgt som klimaets, men vores egen minister deltager ikke ('The nature summit should have been just as popular as the one on climate, but our own minister is not attending')
Zetland.dk, 29.11.2018. In Danish.