- European Union and the Arctic
- International Law of the Sea
- New technologies in the Arctic
- Arctic Shipping and Maritime Transportation
- PhD co-tutelle Political Science, University of Cologne (Germany) & University of Edinburgh (UK), 2016
- LLM Law of the Sea, University of Tromsø (Norway), 2011
- MA Political Science (Austrian Magister), University of Vienna (Austria), 2009
- BA History, University of Vienna (Austria), 2010
- Senior Researcher, High North Center, NORD universitet, Bodø, part-time (2017-ongoing
- Senior Fellow, The Arctic Institute, Washington DC, part-time (2011-ongoing)
- Guest Researcher, Fridtjof Nansen Institute, Oslo (2014 and 2015)
- Visiting Researcher, Institute of European Studies, University of California, Berkeley (2014/2015)
- EXACT Marie Curie ITN Research Fellow, Jean Monnet Chair Prof. Wessels, University of Cologne (2011-2013)
- Parliamentary Assistant, European Parliament, Brussels (2010)
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Arktika i Sever, Vol 42, No 1, 2021, pp. 122-144. In Russian.
European Foreign Affairs Review, Vol 25, No 2, 2020, pp. 239-260
International Relations, published online 13.05.2020, 21 p. DOI: 10.1177/0047117820920915
Polar Record, Published online 26.03.2020. DOI: 10.1017/S0032247420000145
Geopolitics, published online 06.10.2019, 25 p. DOI: 10.1080/14650045.2019.1670643
Euractiv, 16 March 2021
Polar Points, No 3, 10.03.2021
Altinget.dk, 18.11.20. In Danish.
PCRC Working Paper No. 12, March 2020, 15 p.
RELATED RESEARCH AREA(S)
- Svalbard, EU and the green transition: New research projects awarded to FNI
- Norway and Alaska sharing 'blue economy' lessons across the Arctic
- Experts gathered in Tromsø: What future for the polar regions?
- Norway and the European Union: Arctic partners or rivals?
- The European Union and the Geopolitics of the Arctic
Arktis: Die EU ist auf der Suche nach einer neuen Strategie für den hohen Norden
ORF (Österreichischer Rundfunk) 5 March 2021. In German.
Arctic countries puzzled about EU’s engagement in the region
Euractive, 30 January 2020.
Nordområdene sett fra en gammel bygård i Oslo ('The High North as seen from Oslo')
High North News, 24 January 2020. In Norwegian.
Oulu er godt utviklet, Bodø har gode forbindelser, og så er det Anchorage…('Oulu is well developed, Bodø has good connections, and then there's Anchorage…')
High North News, 21 January 2020
Slik ble snøkrabben storpolitikk (How the snow crab turned into big politics)
Sysla, 29.10.2018. In Norwegian.