- International law
- Law of the sea
- International institutional law
- Legitimacy in international law
- Global administrative law
- International law and politics for the Polar regions
- Full professor competence, 2020.
- PhD, Faculty of Law, University of Oslo, 2013.
- Cand. jur, University of Oslo, 2005.
- Professor of Law, University of South-Eastern Norway (since 2020)
- Associate Professor of Law, University of South-Eastern Norway (2019-2020)
- Associate Member of the International Law Association's International Committee on 'Baselines under the International Law of the Sea', Norwegian branch representative (2012-2018).
- Guest Researcher, Faculty of Law, Department of Public and International Law, University of Oslo (February-May 2011).
- Research Assistant, Research Fellow, Senior Research Fellow and Research Professor, The Fridtjof Nansen Institute (2004-).
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Arctic Review on Law and Politics, Vol 11, 2020, pp. 82-107
Internasjonal Politikk, No 4, Vol 78, 2020, pp. 511-522. In Norwegian.
In Irene Dahl and Øystein Jensen (eds), Svalbardtraktaten 100 år - et jubileumsskrift. Fagbokforlaget, 2020, pp. 9-17. In Norwegian.
In Irene Dahl and Øystein Jensen (eds), Svalbardtraktaten 100 år - et jubileumsskrift. Fagbokforlaget, 2020, pp. 19-50. In Norwegian.
In Øystein Jensen (ed), The Development of the Law of the Sea Convention: The Role of International Courts and Tribunals. Edward Elgar, 2020, pp. 262-267.
Dagens Næringsliv, 28.2.2019. In Norwegian.
Oxford Bibliogaphies in International Law, published 11.01.2018.
Dictum, Vol 1, No 1, 2015, pp. 20-21. In Norwegian.
FNI Report 2/2007. Lysaker, FNI, 2007, 32 p.
FNI Report 3/2006. Lysaker, FNI, 2006, 47 p.
- Webinar recording: The High North and foreign policy
- Svalbard and the Surrounding Ocean Spaces – New Foreign Policy Challenges for Norway?
- Gjesteredaktør for Internasjonal politikks nordområdenummer
- New books: on the Law of the Sea and the Svalbard Treaty
- String of new research projects for FNI
Russia is winning support for its claims on Arctic shelf, says chief negotiator
The Barents Observer, 28.11.2019.
Abide by the claw: Ruling tightens Norway's rights on Arctic snow crab and boosts its claim to oil
Japan Times, 15.2.2019.
Norway takes back control! Oslo wins case to PROTECT FISHING WATERS from EU
Abide by the claw: Norway's Arctic snow crab ruling boosts claim to oil
Norway summons additional judges to rule on EU snow crab war
Ghana Nation, 18.1.2019.