- Research Professor+47 97690518
The primary objective of this project is to contribute to more effective management systems for the natural environment.
The following questions are examined:
- How is change in knowledge production from different levels and sectors integrated in the design of management systems in different environmental issue areas/cases?
- What determines the influence of knowledge production on management systems?
- How does knowledge affect the design of management systems adopted?
A secondary objective of the project is to refine theories of science and policy in environmental management.
Project period: 2014-2018
FNI PROJECT LEADER
- Research Professor+47 97168296
- Research Professor+47 41277416
- Deputy Director / Research Director Climate and Energy+47 97540217
- Research Professor+47 47477405
- Senior Researcher+47 48074508
- Research Professor Emeritus+47 97073042
- Senior Researcher+47 90021931
- Research Council of Norway (MILJO2015 Programme)
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, published online 28.06.2019, 19 p. DOI: 10.1007/s10784-019-09447-6
International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, online 21.05.2018, 16 p. DOI: 10.1007/s10784-018-9401-5
Arctic Review on Law and Politics, Vol 8, 2017, pp. 246-269
The Panel on Climate Change and the Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
ASJP African and Francophone Air and Space Power Journal, Vol 8, No 2, 2017, pp. 45-61
In Ariel Dinar (ed), Natural resources and environmental policy in the era of global change. Singapore: World Scientific, 2017, pp. 439-456.
In P.H. Pattberg and F. Zelli (eds), Encyclopedia of Global Environmental Governance and Politics. Cheltenham, Edward Elgar, 2015, pp. 307-315.
The Role of Scientific Expertise in Multilateral Environmental Agreements: Influence and Effectiveness
In M. Ambrus, K. Arts, E. Hey and H. Raulus (eds), The Role of 'Experts' in International and European Decision-Making Processes: Advisors, Decision-Makers or Irrelevant Actors?, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2014, pp. 105-126.
RELATED RESEARCH AREA(S)
Klokt å stoppe oppdrett i verdensarvsområdet ('Wise to stop fish farming in World Heritage area')
Fiskeribladet Fiskaren, 11.3.2019. In Norwegian.