- Institutional economics, political economy, industrial organisation and strategic management, innovation systems, policy analysis in the fields of energy, environment, industry and competition.
- Studies of European Union politics.
- Studies of national energy and climate policies.
- Studies of environmental strategy and innovation in energy industries.
- Studies of market diffusion of renewable energy.
- Cand.mag., Political Science, University of Oslo, 1987, with specialisation in International Economic Policy.
- Cand.polit., Economics, University of Oslo, 1991, with specialisation in Environmental Economics and Socio-Economic planning.
- Scholarship, Department of Innovation and Economic Organisation, Norwegian School of Management, 1999-2003.
- Senior Research Fellow, the Fridtjof Nansen Institute (from 2013).
- Research Fellow, the Fridtjof Nansen Institute (1994-2013).
- Scholarship and research associate, Department of Innovation and Economic Organisation, Norwegian School of Management (1999-2003).
- Lecturer in institutional resource economics, Norwegian University of Life Sciences (1994-1995).
- Research Assistant, the Fridtjof Nansen Institute (1991-1994).
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Energy Research & Social Science, Vol 104, No 103231, 2023. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.erss.2023.103231
In Tim Rayner, Kacper Szulecki, Jordan Andrew and Sebastian Oberthür (eds), Handbook on European Union Climate Change Policy and Politics. Edward Elgar Publishing, 2023, Chapter 18.
International Environmental Agreements, published online 04.10.2022, 18 p. DOI: 10.1007/s10784-022-09587-2
Biofuels, Bioproducts and Biorefining, published online 29.03.2022, 19 p. DOI: 10.1002/bbb.2363
Energy Research & Social Science, published online 05.04.2021. DOI: 10.1016/j.erss.2021.102043
RIFS Discussion Paper, Potsdam, RIFS, June 2023, 20 p.
Aftenposten, January 25, 2023. In Norwegian.
Include Resultater og Anbefalinger 07/2022, 4 p. In Norwegian.
INC Research Brief # 3. Fridtjof Nansen Institute, September 2022, 11 p.
Forskersonen.no, September 11, 2022. In Norwegian.
NVE-sjefen advarer: – Når du prioriterer opp noe, så kommer det til å prioritere ned noe (NVE Warning: Prioritization Trade-offs)
EnergyWatch, August 21, 2023. In Norwegian.
Hvorfor er det dyrere å steke frossenpizza i Norge fordi det er krig i Ukraina? (Electricity has become more expensive, but what does the war in Ukraine have to do with it?)
Ung.forskning.no, January 2, 2023. In Norwegian.
Statkraft frykter styringsmekanisme kan ha motsatt effekt (Statkraft fears control mechanism may have opposite effect)
Montel.no, October 20, 2022. In Norwegian.
Disse landene rammes av Putins energikrig (Putin's war on European energy security)
VG, September 9, 2022. In Norwegian.
Tyskland er hardt rammet av energikrisen. Årsakene går mange tiår tilbake (Germany is hit hard by the energy crisis. The reasons go back many decades)
Aftenposten, September 1, 2022. In Norwegian.