- Senior Research Fellow+47 92016644
Include is an FME, a Research Centre for Environmentally friendly Energy. These centres involve a broad range of private and public sector user-partners, and are set up to be national frontrunners in their field. Include is an eight-year research centre that will produce knowledge about how to realise a socially just low-carbon society through socially inclusive processes.
Participatory processes involving municipalities, citizens and energy corporations will a key part of the centre’s work. 23 different user partners are involved, and the work will be done in close collaboration between the researchers and partners in the public, private and voluntary sectors.
The Centre investigates three main areas: Energy Systems in Transition, Energy Flows and Spaces, and Municipalities as Change Agents. There are also separate research applying interventions, and learning across borders, with case studies in the UK.
Led by Center for Development and the Environment (SUM), the FNI is one of the major partners, and leads the work on Energy Systems in Transition. Asking how transitions in the power system and other energy systems that are socially just and inclusive can be achieved, this part of the Centre will focus on the ongoing restructuring of energy systems, energy sources and carriers, and finally, the EU integration of the energy sector for Norway.
Project period: 2020-2027
- Research Professor+47 97168296
- Research Professor+47 41277416
- Head of Information / Research Fellow+47 97717718
- Deputy Director / Research Director Climate and Energy+47 97540217
- Research Professor+47 47477405
- Senior Research Fellow+47 48074508
- Research Fellow+47 48052768
- The Research Council of Norway
- User partners
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
International Political Science Review, published online 22.04.2020, 15 p. DOI: 10.1177/0192512120907112
Teknisk Ukeblad, 13 May 2020. In Norwegian
RELATED RESEARCH AREA(S)
Why some municipalities accept windpower farms
Include, University of Oslo
Energifattige oppfatter bransjen som usosial og kynisk ('Energy poor perceive the industry as cynical')
Europower Energi, 14 April 2020. In Norwegian.
– Da koronakrisen traff Europa var entusiasmen rundt Green Deal allerede i ferd med å avta ('– When the corona crisis hit Europe, enthusiasm for the Green Deal had already started to fade')
Magasinet Klima, 14 April 2020. In Norwegian.
EU og klima: Koronakrisen gir «ekstremt verdifull lærdom» til kampen mot klimakrisen ('EU and climate: The corona crisis provides "extremely valuable lessons" for the fight against climate change')
Energi og Klima, 25 March 2020. In Norwegian.