European integration plays an important role in the development of climate and energy policy in Europe. As a political scientist, I research this from the perspective of public policy and administration. The power sector is among the keys to delivering the energy transition, and my research digs into the politics of power sector regulation. This spans from the role of the EU’s energy agency (ACER) to various forms of cross-border cooperation on the implementation of EU legislation. I am also interested in the relationship between Norway and the EU, and have done research on the process through which EU energy and climate laws are implemented in Norway via the EEA Agreement.
- Master’s degree in Political Science, University of Oslo (2009-2012), incl. exchange semester at Freie University (E.On Ruhrgas scholarship).
- Bachelor’s in Political Science, University of Oslo (2005-2008), incl. exchange semesters at Humboldt University (Erasmus scholarship) and UC Berkeley.
- Visiting Fellow, Institute of Public Administration, Leiden University (2018)
- Visiting Fellow, Environmental Policy Research Centre (FFU), Freie University (2015)
- Doctoral Research Fellow, Department of Political Science, University of Oslo (2016-2020)
- Research Fellow, Fridtjof Nansen Institute (2013-)
- Researcher, Fridtjof Nansen Institute (2012-2013)
- Intern at KUBE summer project, Statnett (2011)
- Intern, Royal Norwegian Embassy in Berlin (2010)
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Energy Research & Social Science, Vol 74, 2021, pp. 1-12. DOI: 10.1016/j.erss.2021.101963
In Michèle Knodt and Jörg Kemmerzell (eds), Handbook of Energy Governance in Europe. Springer, 2019, 25 p.
Review of Policy Research, published online 03.05.2019. DOI: 10.111/ropr.12345
Politics and Governance, Vol 7, No 1, 2019, pp. 152-164
Politics and Governance, Vol 7, No 1, 2019, pp. 60-69.
Forskning.no, 26 March 2021. In Norwegian.
REMAP Insight Report no. 8 - 2019. Fridtjof Nansen Institute and Thema Consulting.
FNI Report 4/2019. Lysaker, FNI, 2019, 45 p. In Norwegian.
Klassekampen, 30.09.2019. In Norwegian,
Dagsavisen, 10.12.2018. In Norwegian.
– Acer-saken kan forsinke Ren Energi-pakken i Norge
Montel News, 05 March 2021. In Norwegian.
– Acer er ikke så farlig som mange tror ('Acer is not as dangerous as many people think')
Montel News, 25.11.2019. In Norwegian.
EØS i fri flyt ('EEA in free flow')
Dag og Tid, 04.10.2019. In Norwegian.
Dagbladets Acer-vuggesang ('Dagbladet's ACER lullaby')
Nationen, 30.07.2019. In Norwegian.
Ingen grunn til ny Acer-panikk ('No reason for renewed panic over ACER')
Dagbladet, 29.07.2019. In Norwegian.