- Research Professor+47 41277416
The primary objectives of the PLATON project are:
- to gain knowledge about how the policy system can be adjusted in feasible and effective ways to satisfy the reporting commitments and meet the 2030 and 2050 emission targets of Norway through increased greenhouse gas (GHG) abatement and carbon uptake in soil and vegetation, while ensuring climate-friendly innovations, alongside meeting other societal goals.
- to ensure that the knowledge synthesised and developed in PLATON is relevant and reaches policymakers, public administration, business actors, NGOs, the civil society and the international research community.
A key knowledge objective is to study a wide array of policy instruments that affect abatement and carbon uptake, both in the existing climate policy system and novel structures and tools, including:
- different funding and support mechanisms.
- taxation with various recycling options.
- both soft instruments like nudging and information and strong like mandates and bans.
- instruments oriented towards both the production and consumption side.
- instruments targeted towards identified barriers.
CICERO is the overall co-ordinator of PLATON, and more information about the project vcan be found on CICERO's PLATON project website.
FNI leads the project's Work Package 5 entitled ‘Norway in the World’. This WP primarily deals with how Norway is affected by and interacts with EU climate and energy policy.
Project period: 2019-2022
- Head of Information / Research Fellow+47 97717718
- Deputy Director / Research Director Climate and Energy+47 97540217
- Senior Research Fellow+47 92016644
- Research Fellow+47 48052768 / 47479357
- Research Council of Norway, KLIMAFORSK Programme
- 28 user partners
Energi og Klima, 21.11.2019. In Norwegian.
Klimatoppmøtet starter i Madrid ('Climate summit starting in Madrid')
NRK Dagsnytt 18, 2.12.2019. In Norwegian
– Acer er ikke så farlig som mange tror ('Acer is not as dangerous as many people think')
Montel News, 25.11.2019. In Norwegian.
Norge kan kjøpe seg fri fra nasjonale klimakutt ('Norway can buy its way out of national emission cuts')
ABC Nyheter, 22.10.2019. In Norwegian.