- Institutional economics, political economy, industrial organisation and strategic management, innovation systems, policy analysis in the fields of energy, environment, industry and competition.
- Studies of European Union politics.
- Studies of national energy and climate policies.
- Studies of environmental strategy and innovation in energy industries.
- Studies of market diffusion of renewable energy.
- Cand.mag., Political Science, University of Oslo, 1987, with specialisation in International Economic Policy.
- Cand.polit., Economics, University of Oslo, 1991, with specialisation in Environmental Economics and Socio-Economic planning.
- Scholarship, Department of Innovation and Economic Organisation, Norwegian School of Management, 1999-2003.
- Senior Research Fellow, the Fridtjof Nansen Institute (from 2013).
- Research Fellow, the Fridtjof Nansen Institute (1994-2013).
- Scholarship and research associate, Department of Innovation and Economic Organisation, Norwegian School of Management (1999-2003).
- Lecturer in institutional resource economics, Norwegian University of Life Sciences (1994-1995).
- Research Assistant, the Fridtjof Nansen Institute (1991-1994).
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Biofuels, Bioproducts and Biorefining, published online 29.03.2022, 19 p. DOI: 10.1002/bbb.2363
Energy Research & Social Science, published online 05.04.2021. DOI: 10.1016/j.erss.2021.102043
In R.K.W. Wurzel, D. Liefferink and D. Torney (eds), Pioneers, Leaders and Followers in Multilevel and Polycentric Climate Governance. Routledge, 2020, pp. 104-125.
Environmental Politics, Vol 28, No 1, 2019, pp. 104-124.
Energy Policy, Vol 117, 2018, pp. 100-107
Dagens næringsliv, 27 December 2021. In Norwegian.
Dagens næringsliv, 30 November 2021. In Norwegian.
FNI Report 3/2021. Lysaker, FNI, 2021, 41 p.
REMAP Insight Report no. 7 - 2019. Fridtjof Nansen Institute and Thema Consulting.
Arendalsuka 2019. Debate presentation.
Strømpris-vanviddet: Så smalt det til slutt fra Senterpartiet (Mad electricity prices and the Center Party)
ABC Nyheter, 3 January 2022. In Norwegian.
– Ny norsk regjering må ta tøffe valg i energipolitikken (New Norwegian government must make tough choices in energy policy)
Montelnews.com, 10 September 2021. In Norwegian.
– Aps forslag er en giftpille for GO-ordningen ('The Labour Party's proposal would be poison for the GO scheme')
Montel. 15.08.2019. In Norwegian.
Effektivt kvotemarked bidrar til å nå klimamål ('Effective emission trading helps us reach climate goals')
Energi Norge, 30.5.2019. In Norwegian.
Norway’s elections could be turning point for offshore
Interfax Global Energy. 4.9.2017.