- China's energy and climate change policy - including mitigation, low carbon development and adaptation.
- China's Emissions Trading System/carbon market.
- China’s policymaking, including environment, energy and climate bureuacracy & institutions.
- China’s cities and climate change, including resilient & low carbon pilots, Alliance of Peaking Pioneer Cities (APPC) & sustainable cities.
- China’s environment and Sustainable Development Goals.
- Dr. art (Ph.D.), University of Oslo, 2002.
- Cand.philol, University of Oslo, 1992 (Chinese studies - culture, language, politics, history, environment).
- UNDP China Country Office, Senior Climate Change Advisor (2009-2014).
- Fridtjof Nansen Institute, Researcher and later Senior Research Fellow (1997-2009).
- UNDP China office, Energy and Environment Division (1995-97).
- UNIFEM, China (World Conference on Women (WCW)) (1994-95).
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Asian Perspective, Vol 44, No 3, 2020, pp. 435-460
Review of Policy Research, published online 23.01.2019, 27 pp. DOI: 10.1111/ropr.12328
In Adriana Galderisi and Angela Colucci (eds), Smart, Resilient and Transition Cities. Emerging Approaches and Tools for a Climate-Sensitive Urban Development. Amsterdam/Oxford/Cambridge MA, Elsevier, 2018, pp. 61-65.
In Wettestad, Jørgen and Lars Gulbrandsen (eds), The Evolution of Carbon Markets. Design and Diffusion. London, Routledge, 2018, pp. 180-207.
In Eva Sternfeld (ed), Routledge Handbook of Environmental Policy in China. London/New York, Routledge, 2017, pp. 97-112.
In Svein Vigeland Rottem and Ida Folkestad Soldtvedt, Arctic Governance: Norway, Russia and Asia. Volume 3. I.B. Tauris, 2020, chapter 12.
In Stavins, Robert N and Stowe, Robert C. (eds), Subnational Climate Change Policy in China. Harvard Kennedy School, 2020, pp. 41-44.
NUPI Policy Brief 4/2020, 4 p.
Energi og Klima, 20.1.2020. In Norwegian.
In Andreas Bøje Forsby (ed), Nordic-China Cooperation: Challenges and Opportunities. NIAS Reports, No. 52, 2019, pp. 33-39
Et uventet skritt, men svært positivt for klimaet ('An unexpected step from China, but very good for climate')
DN, 01.10.2020. In Norwegian.
China pledges to be carbon neutral—but remains addicted to coal
New Publication on Chinese Climate Change Policy
Energy Central, 19 February 2020.
Nordområdene sett fra en gammel bygård i Oslo ('The High North as seen from Oslo')
High North News, 24 January 2020. In Norwegian.
Ekspertintervjuet: Der nasjonale klimakutt teller mest ('Expert interview: Where national emission cuts mean the most')
Energi og Klima, 6.1.2020. In Norwegian.