- China's energy and climate change policy - including mitigation, low carbon development and adaptation.
- China's Emissions Trading System/carbon market.
- China’s policymaking, including environment, energy and climate bureuacracy & institutions.
- China’s cities and climate change, including resilient & low carbon pilots, Alliance of Peaking Pioneer Cities (APPC) & sustainable cities.
- China’s environment and Sustainable Development Goals.
- Dr. art (Ph.D.), University of Oslo, 2002.
- Cand.philol, University of Oslo, 1992 (Chinese studies - culture, language, politics, history, environment).
- UNDP China Country Office, Senior Climate Change Advisor (2009-2014).
- Fridtjof Nansen Institute, Researcher and later Senior Research Fellow (1997-2009).
- UNDP China office, Energy and Environment Division (1995-97).
- UNIFEM, China (World Conference on Women (WCW)) (1994-95).
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
In Eva Sternfeld (ed), Routledge Handbook of Environmental Policy in China. London/New York, Routledge, pp. 97-112.
Advances in Polar Science, Vol 27, No 3, 2016, pp. 139-145.
International Environmental Agreements, Vol 9, No 3, 2009, pp. 301-317
Klassekampen, 3.4.2017. In Norwegian.
Norsk Klimastiftelse Rapport, No 4 2016, pp. 53-57. In Norwegian.
Environomist China Carbon Market Research Report 2016. Beijing, Environomist, 2016, pp. 23-27.
Dagens Næringsliv, 29.11.2015. In Norwegian.
FNI Report 6/2005. Lysaker, FNI, 2005, 30 p.