- Institutional economics, political economy, industrial organisation and strategic management, innovation systems, policy analysis in the fields of energy, environment, industry and competition.
- Studies of European Union politics.
- Studies of national energy and climate policies.
- Studies of environmental strategy and innovation in energy industries.
- Studies of market diffusion of renewable energy.
- Cand.mag., Political Science, University of Oslo, 1987, with specialisation in International Economic Policy.
- Cand.polit., Economics, University of Oslo, 1991, with specialisation in Environmental Economics and Socio-Economic planning.
- Scholarship, Department of Innovation and Economic Organisation, Norwegian School of Management, 1999-2003.
- Senior Research Fellow, the Fridtjof Nansen Institute (from 2013).
- Research Fellow, the Fridtjof Nansen Institute (1994-2013).
- Scholarship and research associate, Department of Innovation and Economic Organisation, Norwegian School of Management (1999-2003).
- Lecturer in institutional resource economics, Norwegian University of Life Sciences (1994-1995).
- Research Assistant, the Fridtjof Nansen Institute (1991-1994).
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Environmental Politics, Vol 28, No 1, 2019, pp. 104-124.
Energy Policy, Vol 117, 2018, pp. 100-107
Energy Research & Social Science, Vol 11, 2016, pp. 164-173.
In Jon Birger Skjærseth and Per Ove Eikeland (eds), Corporate Responses to EU Emissions Trading: Resistance, Innovation or Responsibility? Farnham (UK), Ashgate, 2013, pp. 253-282.
In Jon Birger Skjærseth and Per Ove Eikeland (eds), Corporate Responses to EU Emissions Trading: Resistance, Innovation or Responsibility? Farnham (UK), Ashgate, 2013, pp. 1-17.
Arendalsuka 2019. Debate presentation.
REMAP Insight report no. 5 - 2019. Fridtjof Nansen Institute and Thema Consulting Group.
Energi og Klima. 21.12.2016. In Norwegian.
Energi og Klima. 14.12.2016. In Norwegian.
Energi og Klima. 1.12.2016. In Norwegian.
- Windpower, Arctic geopolitics and EU climate policy: FNI at Arendalsuka '19
- The rise of Climate Change Acts: a game-changer in Climate Governance?
- EU struggles to phase out Member State price regulations on electricity
- Renewed interest for EU energy book
- Boosting renewables ‘outside the EU’: The case of Norway and Switzerland
– Aps forslag er en giftpille for GO-ordningen ('The Labour Party's proposal would be poison for the GO scheme')
Montel. 15.08.2019. In Norwegian.
Effektivt kvotemarked bidrar til å nå klimamål ('Effective emission trading helps us reach climate goals')
Energi Norge, 30.5.2019. In Norwegian.
Norway’s elections could be turning point for offshore
Interfax Global Energy. 4.9.2017.