- Arctic geopolitics
- International relations
- Maritime boundaries
- Marine resource management
- Foreign policy decision-making
- PhD International Relations, University of British Columbia (UBC) (2019)
- M.Sc. European Politics, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) (2010)
- Bachelor Political Economy, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) (2009)
- Advisor, High North Center, Nord University, Bodø (part time), (2015-ongoing)
- Senior fellow, The Arctic Institute, Washington DC (part time), (2011-ongoing)
- Program Coordinator and Research Fellow, Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies (IFS), Oslo (2014-2017)
- Advisor, North Norway European Office, Brussels (2010-2014)
- Visiting research fellow, Munk-Gordon Arctic Security Program, Toronto (2013)
- Research intern, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), Washington DC (2011)
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Arktika i Sever, No 40, 2020, pp. 183-205. In Russian.
Marine Policy, Vol 120, October 2020, 9 p.
In J. Weber (ed), Handbook on Geopolitics and Security in the Arctic. Springer, 2020, pp. 171-191.
European Foreign Affairs Review, Vol 25, No 2, 2020, pp. 239-260
International Relations, published online 13.05.2020, 21 p. DOI: 10.1177/0047117820920915
Aftenposten, 29.10.20. In Norwegian.
PCRC Working Paper No. 12, March 2020, 15 p.
Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Stockholm
Arctic Research Coordination Network, online, 26.08.2020.
TAI Bookshelf Podcast – Coast Guards Politics in the Arctic with Andreas Østhagen
Om fiskeri og Svalbard (On fisheries and Svalbard)
NRK Troms, 21.10.20. Intervjuinnslag. In Norwegian
- L’Alce e il dragone: Il complicato rapporto tra Cina e Norvegia ('The moose and the dragon: The complicated relationship between China and Norway')
U.S. to Speed Up Its Icebreaker Program, May Develop Nuclear Arctic Vessels
High North News, 11 June 2020.
Utenrikspolitikken som forsvant i isen ('The foreign policy that disappeared in the ice')
NUPIpodden, 25 May 2020. In Norwegian.