- Arctic geopolitics
- International relations
- Maritime boundaries
- Marine resource management
- Foreign policy decision-making
- PhD International Relations, University of British Columbia (UBC) (2019)
- M.Sc. European Politics, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) (2010)
- Bachelor Political Economy, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) (2009)
- Advisor, High North Center, Nord University, Bodø (part time), (2015-ongoing)
- Senior fellow, The Arctic Institute, Washington DC (part time), (2011-ongoing)
- Program Coordinator and Research Fellow, Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies (IFS), Oslo (2014-2017)
- Advisor, North Norway European Office, Brussels (2010-2014)
- Visiting research fellow, Munk-Gordon Arctic Security Program, Toronto (2013)
- Research intern, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), Washington DC (2011)
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
In Gunhild Hoogensen Gjørv, Marc Lanteigne and Horatio Godfrey Sam-Aggrey (eds), Routledge Handbook of Arctic Security. Routledge, 2020, pp. 283-294.
Geopolitics, published online 06.10.2019, 25 p. DOI: 10.1080/14650045.2019.1670643
In I. Bowers and S.L.C. Koh (eds), Grey and White Hulls: An International Analysis of the Navy-Coastguard Nexus. Palgrave Macmillan, 2019, pp. 135-157.
Ocean Development and International Law, published online 23.03.2019, 19 p. DOI: 10.1080/00908320.2019.1582606
Marine Policy, Vol 98, 2018, pp. 58-64.
The Arctic Institute Center for Cirumpolar studies, 7.1.2020.
Georgetown Journal of International Affairs, 05.12.2019
Verdens Gang, 8.12.2019. In Norwegian
Dagsavisen, 28.10.2019. In Norwegian.
- String of new research projects for FNI
- Svalbard, EU and the green transition: New research projects awarded to FNI
- With changing ocean politics, a new role for the Coast Guard
- Resolving conflicts at sea: doctoral thesis breaks new ground
- Windpower, Arctic geopolitics and EU climate policy: FNI at Arendalsuka '19
Arktis smelter. Slik bidrar det til maktkamp på Norges dørstokk. ('The Arctic is melting. This is how it's contributing to a power struggle on Norway's doorstep')
Aftenposten.no, 19 February 2020. In Norwegian
Norge trekkes inn i iskald maktkamp ('Norway drawn into an icy power struggle')
Aftenposten, 19 February 2020. In Norwegian.
Kartlegger olje i Barentshavet nord ('Explores oil resources in the northern barents sea')
NRK Nyhetsmorgen, 18 February 2020. In Norwegian.
Russland reagerer på at USA har besøkt Jan Mayen ('Russia critical of US visit on Jan Mayen')
NRK, 14 February 2020. In Norwegian.
100 år siden Svalbardtraktaten ('A hundred years since the Svalbard Treaty')
NRK Dagsregyven, 9 February 2020. In Norwegian.