- Arctic geopolitics
- International relations
- Maritime boundaries
- Marine resource management
- Foreign policy decision-making
- PhD International Relations, University of British Columbia (UBC) (2019)
- M.Sc. European Politics, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) (2010)
- Bachelor Political Economy, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) (2009)
- Advisor, High North Center, Nord University, Bodø (part time), (2015-ongoing)
- Senior fellow, The Arctic Institute, Washington DC (part time), (2011-ongoing)
- Program Coordinator and Research Fellow, Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies (IFS), Oslo (2014-2017)
- Advisor, North Norway European Office, Brussels (2010-2014)
- Visiting research fellow, Munk-Gordon Arctic Security Program, Toronto (2013)
- Research intern, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), Washington DC (2011)
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Marine Policy, Vol 120, October 2020, 9 p.
In J. Weber (ed), Handbook on Geopolitics and Security in the Arctic. Springer, 2020, pp. 171-191.
European Foreign Affairs Review, Vol 25, No 2, 2020, pp. 239-260
International Relations, published online 13.05.2020, 21 p. DOI: 10.1177/0047117820920915
Maritime Studies, Published online 26.03.2020. DOI: 10.1007/s40152-020-00172-4
High North News, 30 June 2020. In Norwegian.
Morgenbladet, 21 May 2020. In Norwegian.
The Security Times, February 2020.
High North News, 4 March 2020. In Norwegian.
Nordlys, 4 March 2020. In Norwegian.
U.S. to Speed Up Its Icebreaker Program, May Develop Nuclear Arctic Vessels
High North News, 11 June 2020.
Utenrikspolitikken som forsvant i isen ('The foreign policy that disappeared in the ice')
NUPIpodden, 25 May 2020. In Norwegian.
Barents Sea and Svalbard: Norway-Russia relations in an Arctic geopolitical hotspot
Polar Geopolitics, 18 May 2020.
A Deep-Diving Sub. A Deadly Fire. And Russia’s Secret Undersea Agenda.
The New York Times, 20 April 2020.
Avviser brudd på Svalbardtraktaten: – Det er norske lover og regler som gjelder ('Rejects violation of Svalbard Treaty: - Norwegian laws and regulations apply')
NRK, 1 March 2020. In Norwegian.