- Arctic geopolitics
- International relations
- Maritime boundaries
- Marine resource management
- Foreign policy decision-making
- PhD International Relations, University of British Columbia (UBC) (2019)
- M.Sc. European Politics, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) (2010)
- Bachelor Political Economy, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) (2009)
- Advisor, High North Center, Nord University, Bodø (part time), (2015-ongoing)
- Senior fellow, The Arctic Institute, Washington DC (part time), (2011-ongoing)
- Program Coordinator and Research Fellow, Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies (IFS), Oslo (2014-2017)
- Advisor, North Norway European Office, Brussels (2010-2014)
- Visiting research fellow, Munk-Gordon Arctic Security Program, Toronto (2013)
- Research intern, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), Washington DC (2011)
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Maritime Studies, Published online 26.03.2020. DOI: 10.1007/s40152-020-00172-4
Internasjonal Politikk, Vol 78, No 2, 2020, pp. 167-192. In Norwegian.
In Gunhild Hoogensen Gjørv, Marc Lanteigne and Horatio Godfrey Sam-Aggrey (eds), Routledge Handbook of Arctic Security. Routledge, 2020, pp. 283-294.
Geopolitics, published online 06.10.2019, 25 p. DOI: 10.1080/14650045.2019.1670643
In I. Bowers and S.L.C. Koh (eds), Grey and White Hulls: An International Analysis of the Navy-Coastguard Nexus. Palgrave Macmillan, 2019, pp. 135-157.
The Security Times, February 2020.
High North News, 4 March 2020. In Norwegian.
Nordlys, 4 March 2020. In Norwegian.
The Arctic Institute Center for Cirumpolar studies, 7.1.2020.
Georgetown Journal of International Affairs, 05.12.2019
- String of new research projects for FNI
- Svalbard, EU and the green transition: New research projects awarded to FNI
- With changing ocean politics, a new role for the Coast Guard
- Resolving conflicts at sea: doctoral thesis breaks new ground
- Windpower, Arctic geopolitics and EU climate policy: FNI at Arendalsuka '19
Avviser brudd på Svalbardtraktaten: – Det er norske lover og regler som gjelder ('Rejects violation of Svalbard Treaty: - Norwegian laws and regulations apply')
NRK, 1 March 2020. In Norwegian.
Russland og Svalbardtraktaten ('Russia and the Svalbard Treaty')
NRK Nyhetslunsj, 21 February 2020. In Norwegian.
Arktis smelter. Slik bidrar det til maktkamp på Norges dørstokk. ('The Arctic is melting. This is how it's contributing to a power struggle on Norway's doorstep')
Aftenposten.no, 19 February 2020. In Norwegian
Norge trekkes inn i iskald maktkamp ('Norway drawn into an icy power struggle')
Aftenposten, 19 February 2020. In Norwegian.
Kartlegger olje i Barentshavet nord ('Explores oil resources in the northern barents sea')
NRK Nyhetsmorgen, 18 February 2020. In Norwegian.